Many couples will realize that the day of the wedding is the most stressful if it is not well organized; if there isn’t someone to oversee the event. Day-of Coordination is the service for couples who have everything planned but need someone to supervise the final details and execution of the event to ensure they haven’t missed anything in the planning process and things go smoothly on the day.
Our Day-of Coordination service includes a final venue site visit, finalization of floor plans, rehearsal, vendor coordination, and a review meeting a couple of weeks or the week of the wedding ceremony/reception. Of course, it also includes up to 10 hours of the day-of coordination.
Due to the scale of an event such as a wedding, our wedding coordination team will likely propose a meeting about 3-4 weeks before the wedding to finalize plans and confirm final tasks. We will also do a final site visit, typically simultaneous to the wedding day rehearsal at the venue.
Specifications of Service
- Unlimited email/SMS communication prior to your wedding
- Detailed meeting with you and your fiance(e)
- Creation of a detailed day-of timeline and event schedule
- Vendor confirmation the month prior to your event
- Site walk-throughs with the on-site coordinator to discuss details
- Finalizing all floor plans, menus, and venue specific logistics
- Supervision of month-of detail finalization, wedding rehearsal, ceremony set-up, and reception set-up – including on-site styling the day of the wedding
- Management and coordination of vendors, timeline, logistics, bridal party, guests
- Full access to wedding coordinator’s emergency and first aid kits
- 1-2 assistant(s) at no extra cost, included in the service fee
- Coordination includes set-up/decorations; teardown is an additional $150 to cover the cost of labour and time (as my assistants will need to stay/return to the venue).
$1500 CAD plus HST.
This can be paid in three installments of $500 or two installments of $750.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why should I hire a coordinator?
A wedding coordinator knows the wedding industry, knows how to manage vendors, is prepared for emergencies, and is equipped to calmly support the couple on the day-of.
Can’t I ask a friend/family member/colleague that’s really organized?
As much asking an organized friend/family member seems like a safe, inexpensive choice, they might not be prepared for the pressure of managing an important event such as a wedding… Emergencies happen. With a coordination team trained in events, we will ensure that your wedding can go as smoothly as possible and we are prepared for any problems. Also, putting a friend, family member or colleague in charge of your wedding day can put a lot of pressure/obligation on them because they know you personally and will take it hard if something goes wrong. Finally, hiring a planning team means giving the people you’ve invited to the wedding a chance to truly celebrate with you — leave the coordination and logistical legwork to us.
On the day-of, is the event team able to pick-up items or help transport items from our ceremony venue to the reception? What about the storage of wedding items?
Our team is happy to help transport your items/stationery decor to and from your ceremony venue to your reception venue if they are different locations in our own vehicles. That being said, if your venue manager allows you to drop off your decorations or wedding items on the day-of, or the night before, please consider doing this or ask a friend/family member to help with drop off if you would like to avoid a separate storage and transportation fee. We want to help you save money and save time, so please look into the first couple of options. In addition, while we can assist with clean-up/tear-down, we would prefer not to be responsible for item storage before/after the wedding, as there are liability issues around this. If you need to leave for your honeymoon right away, please ask a family member or friend to pick up your wedding items at the end of the night. Transportation of items + day-of pick-ups will cost an additional flat fee of $100, subject to increase based on distance (cost covers minivan rental, gas, cost of labour, travel, etc.).