You can download our 2018 catering menu here, where we list starting prices — customized quotes are calculated based on individual design requests and add-ons (toppers, equipment rental, delivery, etc.).
Who can I contact about catering inquiries/quotes or bookings?
Our in-house caterer and pastry artist, Cherry Tsui, may be contacted for catering inquiries at [email protected] – please put “Ariette Hung Events: Catering Inquiry” in the subject header!
You can also reach all team members at [email protected].
Where do you deliver and what are the delivery fees?
- We deliver within 45 KM of Bloor/Yonge, delivery fees apply.
- Delivery fees begin at $30+ using a driving delivery service, dependant on order size, mileage and time of travel (round trip). We charge this cost to pay our driver who helps us with deliveries.
Why do you need a minimum of a 2-week notice for orders?
We run Ariette Hung Events part-time around our day jobs/full-time school, so giving us as much advance notice as possible allows us to ensure that we can set aside time for your event date, to schedule accordingly, and fulfill catering orders. Thank you for your cooperation!
How do I confirm an order – what is the payment and confirmation process like?
- After sending us an order/booking, we will confirm with you within 48 hours.
- We will give you a quote and ask you for an initial partial payment to secure your booking – typically, 50% of the payment – and then the final payment of the remaining 50% two weeks before the event (you may adjust details of your order at this time, in the event that anything changes) so that the order can be fulfilled. All payment is upfront.
- The initial deposit confirmation and final payment can be made in cash/cheque (in person), or via electronic money transfer to [email protected]. *If an order is made within two weeks before an event, please etransfer the full cost.
Are your prices inclusive of tax?
Our prices for catering, delivery and catering service already include tax.
Do you accept gratuity/tips?
Tips or gratuity are not required, but it is always appreciated for a job well done!
How long can your baked goods sit at room temperature to ensure food safety?
We recommend refrigerating our cakes as long as possible and then letting it sit out for 30 minutes to come to room temperature before serving. However, if you are having an event in which the desserts or cake will be sitting out for display throughout the event, our products can sit out for a maximum of 6-8 hours in a room with well-functioning air conditioning. Please note that our buttercream cake creations are not meant for outdoor wedding days without air conditioning as it is a health and safety concern for our items.
Fondant cakes can sit out for longer period of times without melting, however, we do not specialize in fondant cakes. If you’d like a referral, please let us know. Thanks!
Can I put flowers on your cakes?
We do not source flowers ourselves; clients are responsible for finding flowers. Only Certified fresh flowers should be placed on our cakes. We recommend plastic ones from Michael’s that are made of BPA-free plastic. We do not recommend using garden-fresh flowers on the cakes we make, so as not to impair the integrity of our cakes in case chemicals were used on the flowers.
Do you offer discounts for repeat customers, or other event planners?
We pride ourselves in providing premium quality products at a reasonable cost. Due to the costs of operating a domestic bakery business, we will not devalue our practice by offering unsustainable prices. However, we can offer a 10% discount (one-time use only) for repeat customers or wedding clients who are direct referrals.
Would you be willing to partner with other wedding planners as a catering vendor?
A collaboration may be discussed, however, we do not accept kick-backs. We can, however, negotiate deals for your clients if they are within reason and if we agree. Please email [email protected] to discuss.
What is your refund policy?
Cancellations must be made at least two weeks in advance and it is the client’s due diligence to inform us if there are any necessary changes to the order. The 50% initial deposit can be returned if advance notice is given, we will honor that. If we have begun the order (ex. 1 day before the event), a refund will not be rendered.